1. Devon Harbour Cottages Ltd is referred to in these terms & conditions as D.H.C.
2. CONTRACT The Contract to hire the accommodation shall be between the Hirer and the Owner of the accommodation and not D.H.C. who act solely in the capacity of booking agents on behalf of the owner. A binding Contract exists when the completed booking form has been received and confirmation of the booking sent to the applicant by D.H.C.
3. PROPERTY INFORMATION Every effort is made to ensure that the information contained in the brochure and website is accurate, but neither D.H.C. or the Owner accept liability for inaccuracies.
4. REFUSAL OF BOOKINGS The Owner and D.H.C. reserve the right at their absolute discretion to cancel any booking upon giving the Hirer reasonable notice in writing.
5. PAYMENT OF BALANCE AND KEY ARRANGEMENTS The balance of the occupation charge is payable without further request not later than eight weeks before the commencement of the holiday period and on receipt of this you will be informed of the arrangements regarding keys. In the case of bookings made later than eight weeks before the holiday the booking form must be accompanied by payment of the occupation charge in full. Note Debit/Credit card payments can be made by telephone.
6. NON-RECEIPT OF BALANCE BY DUE DATE If D.H.C. do not receive the balance of the occupation charge by the due date, they shall be entitled but not obliged to treat the booking as cancelled and will use its best endeavours to re-let the accommodation. Notwithstanding the above the balance of the occupation charge remains due and payable by the Hirer. If D.H.C. re-let the accommodation it shall refund all monies paid by the Hirer less any shortfall in the total value of the booking incurred on the re-letting. If the Hirer pays the sums due before the accommodation is re-let the Hirer will be entitled to occupy the accommodation.
7. PETS No pets may enter the premises unless permitted in the brochure/website description.
8. ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE Occupation may be taken up from 4.00pm on the date of entry and the property vacated not later than 10.00am on the day of departure.
9. PERSONS WHO MAY OCCUPY The hirer and party shall have the right to occupy the accommodation for holiday purposes only and for the agreed period only. The hirer may not allow any person other than those named on the booking form and in any case not more than the number of persons the property is stated in the brochure to sleep, to occupy the premises.
10. GROUPS OF SINGLE PERSONS Parties of single persons are not normally accepted by Owners of properties, all of which are intended for use by families or couples.
11. CANCELLATION Cancellations must be in writing to D.H.C.. On receipt of a cancellation D.H.C. will endeavour to re-let the accommodation but notwithstanding this the balance of the occupation charge remains payable by the Hirer by the due date. If the accommodation is re-let a refund of the occupation charge will be made to the Hirer less any shortfall incurred on the re-letting.
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU TAKE OUT HOLIDAY CANCELLATION INSURANCE
12. BOOKING ALTERATIONS Once a booking has been confirmed, we cannot guarantee to accept a change of property or week.
13. COMPLAINTS You must notify the caretaker (or D.H.C. if they are unavailable) of any complaint as soon as reasonably practicable and provide full details in order to allow as much time as possible for any corrective action to be taken. In the event of disappointment with the accommodation no alternative accommodation can be offered but this does not affect your statutory rights.
14. MATTERS BEYOND OWNER'S CONTROL These include local happenings that may occur at any time, e.g. nearby building work or invasion by pests. Neither the Owner nor D.H.C. accept responsibility for any matter beyond their control or for the effects any works may have on your enjoyment of the property. This does not affect your statutory rights.
15. WITHDRAWAL OF PROPERTY In the unlikely event of withdrawal of the property by the Owner for whatever reason, the booking will be cancelled and D.H.C. will notify the Hirer in writing as soon as reasonably practicable. The Hirer shall be entitled to a full refund.
16. REPAIRS The Hirer must report any defects occurring in the accommodation or its equipment as soon as reasonably practicable. All reasonable efforts will be made to arrange for necessary repairs or renewals to be carried out as quickly as possible. The Hirer shall permit the Owner, D.H.C. or other agent upon giving reasonable notice to enter the accommodation at any reasonable time of day (or at any time in the event of an emergency) for the purpose of carrying out any repairs. D.H.C. shall not be liable for any defects in the accommodation including its equipment.
17. TELEPHONE The Hirer shall pay the cost of all telephone calls as notified to D.H.C. by BT
18. USE OF PREMISES The Hirer must take reasonable care in the use of the accommodation and keep it clean and tidy at all times. The Hirer is responsible to pay the reasonable costs of cleaning, clearing, renewals, repairs or redecoration works necessitated by any damage caused during the period of hire. The Hirer must not permit any annoyance to adjoining occupiers.
19. OCCUPATION AT HIRER'S RISK Use of the accommodation is at the Hirer's risk and no liability shall fall upon D.H.C. or the Owner for injury to Occupants or damage to or loss of the Occupant's belongings or property save for that caused by negligence.
20. CALL OUTS If the hirer requires a call out by a contractor who reports to D.H.C. that the call out was due to the fault of the hirer, the hirer may be charged for the call out.